Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Kindred spirits

Last February I had two weird visits from frogs: a midnight encounter and then a daylight one. And now I'm kicking myself (yes, I'm hopping mad). Why didn't I recognise them? Why??

You Are A: Frog!

froggyIndependent yet still part of a large community, frogs are unique creatures known for their distinctive sound and ability to hop. As a frog, you spend your days sitting on lily pads or climbing trees, searching for delicious insects to eat. While there are some frogs that aren't exactly cute, you are certainly not one of those!

You were almost a: Mouse or a Chipmunk
You are least like a: Parakeet or a PonyCute Animal Test!

Find yourself, reader... take the test :)

(Thanks to a duck: Kent and a duckling: Claire.)

SATURDAY UPDATE:

Okay, here's something weird. The first time I've seen a frog at night since the aforementioned time in February was... yesterday. Big Pup had taken a wander in the afternoon and when she arrived back last night, I opened the door and who else was there?

I put a copy of yesterday's Sydney Morning Herald into the shot, hoping you'll be able to see the date:

Weird. And can you see the dirt stuck to him/her? (The red-brown clumps along the legs and toes.) It's really dry here at the moment, and I'm surprised the dirt would stick to anything. I wonder what that's about? Surely if we were really kin I'd know these things...