Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Skimming the 5,000: 101 - 200

Reader, you know the drill by now? Answer or be damned? Yeah, that's it.

From The 5000 Question Survey 2.0 part 3 and part 4:

116. Have you ever won a contest or competition?
141. About how many emails do you get a day? How many of those emails are junk mail? How many of them are forwards?
153. Who are you the most jealous of?
165. What changes are you afraid of?
191. When you see a stranger on the street does your first reaction lean towards thinking of this person as a potential friend or as a potential threat?
195. If someone wanted to understand you, what book could they read that would help?


116. Yes, and I'm so proud. It was a competition in a music magazine, and the prize was an album by the Dead Kennedys. Radio stations were refusing to play their single at the time ("Holiday in Cambodia" I think?) and the competition had something to do with that. I wrote a fake extortion letter, and it was one of the winners. Yay for me. But here's the best bit: I never ever got the prize. And the way I remember it, it was an LP (vinyl record) and I didn't have a record player, so even if it had been sent, I wouldn't have been able to play it anyway. How's that for punk, eh? Hahaha...
141. 0 to 2 emails, no junk mails, and usually no forwards. The stress is overwhelming.

153. Someone who has everything I want, but I can't think who that would be, damn it.
165. All of them.
191. Threat. I go to town wearing full-body armour and carrying mace, because you just never know... ;) I don't think I've ever looked at people in the street and seen potential friends, except in an "if only" sense. (I'm a sad git, yes.)
195. Wish I could think of one. How cool would it be if we were born with a manual? You could go through life giving them out: Here! Read this! It's me! Any time you lost your way, you could just read a few chapters and get back on track. It'd be great.