Friday, December 09, 2005

Skimming the 5,000: 1,901 - 2,000

From The 5000 Question Survey v2.0 part 39 and part 40:

1902. What takes your breath away?
1997. What is your favourite classic rock song?

1902. I was doing some introductory lessons in HTML a few days ago, and every time I changed something in the text/HTML file and then saw the result in the browser (and I mean very basic beginner's stuff - making a phrase into a heading, for instance) I heard these strange air-intake noises coming from my mouth. It probably indicates cause for concern: it seems I find the wonders of HTML literally breathtaking.
1997. Ohhh... this was so much fun :)

According to the wikipeople, the category "classic rock era" is a bit fuzzy and was first applied (retrospectively) by radio stations. Consequently and just because I can, let's limit the field to all tracks of a biggish rock sound released between 1967 and 1977 (though some of these tracks might be stretching the concept of "rock"). If I had to pick just one:

- Derek & The Dominos: "Layla"

But I'd rather throw a few more in, so in no particular order:

- Pink Floyd: "Wish You Were Here"
- Van Morrison: "Jackie Wilson Said (I'm In Heaven When You Smile)" and "Crazy Love"
- Thin Lizzy: "The Boys Are Back in Town"
- Roxy Music: "Love Is The Drug"
- Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young: "Our House"
- Steve Miller Band: "The Joker" and "Jungle Love"
- Queen: "We Are The Champions", "We Will Rock You", and "Somebody To Love"
- Elton John: "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)", "The Bitch Is Back" and "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"