Friday, April 07, 2006

Snap-happy

I carried my little camera around in a pocket today and got lucky again. Look:

(1)
A little bird, probably a female Superb Fairy-Wren (Malurus cyaneus). I found it sitting on the windowsill there, so I'm guessing it flew in the back door and made its way right through the house. Despite the unfamiliar surroundings, it didn't seem very upset, and once I'd opened that window (to the right in the pic) it soon jumped up and flew away.

(2)
Possibly the tallest mushroom in history. That's a pair of multi-grips posing beside it (because I was wandering through the paddock carrying them, that's why). They are 24cm long and you can see about half of them sticking out over the grass there, so I'm estimating that mushroom is about 40cm tall. Pretty lofty, wouldn't you say?