Saturday, November 11, 2006

Your new version of Blogger is ready!

Uh-oh... A new notice on the Blogger dashboard when I signed in:
Your new version of Blogger is ready!

The new version of Blogger now has all the original features you're used to, plus new post labels, drag-and-drop template editing, and privacy controls. And, it's a lot more reliable.

After you switch you'll need to sign in with your Google Account, but your blogs will stay the same. Their content and layout will not change.

Switch to the new version.
I can't decide whether to switch or not, because despite what this notice says ("layout will not change") I think what they actually mean is that current layout won't change. That doesn't mean the previous layouts will stay too. Since losing one or two at the start, I've been careful to preserve the rest (by only publishing the index - the most recent posts), and now I don't want to lose them. They're possibly clunky and embarrassing, but they're my clunky and embarrassing, and I want to go back and visit them sometimes.

One of these days I'll probably just start a new Plodding in Beta and leave this one here as is, preserved for all eternity... (How long do you reckon modern eternity will last, then?)

Anyway, that's all by the bye. I signed in to say that I'm turning commenting on again. There are a number of reasons for doing this (I've been doing the yes/no dither for ages) but now I can't be bothered explaining. Suffice it to say: I had to move a motherless calf from a paddock on its own to a paddock where it would be reunited with the herd, and in some ways it was like looking at myself (only hairier). The calf didn't want to move; I don't want to turn comments back on. Both of us are being stupid.

So the point is: if you'd like to comment now, you can, and please do.