Sunday, May 22, 2005

Sing me a song

I haven’t been blogging very well lately, sorry. Flickr has diverted me. It’s a fascinating place. And also sometimes there just aren't any words in my head. And then I can't find any good quotes, either. Or any links. Or anything else of any interest whatsoever.

But I feel guilty about not posting anything, and in the absence of other ideas, here's the plan: I'm going to post a pic from my Flickr account and then attach to it two lines of the song playing at the time the photo appears on the blog. Leaving it in the hands of fate or chance or something. (Mind you, I’m listening to k.d. lang’s “hymns of the 49th parallel”, so there’s a pretty good chance the lyrics will come from something there...)

Here we go.

Camphor Laurel1

Like a bird on the wire
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free


- "Bird on a wire"
Leonard Cohen

Mmm, not bad :) Good one, Leonard.