Friday, November 04, 2005

Skimming the 5,000: 501 - 600

From The 5000 Question Survey 2.0 part 11 and part 12:

513. What is the worst thing that could possibly happen to you?
526. Would you rather have a child that is more confident or more curious?
551. What is the most magical thing that has ever happened to you?
553. Does a good friend tell you you've got something in your teeth or pretend not to notice it?
598. What book should everyone have to read in school?


513. Being in a coma, aware of what's going on, but unable to move or communicate, for years and years. (I'm guessing. I mean, it was pretty bad last time. And that's a joke.)
526. Curious. But I'd rather have a child who is nothing like I'd imagine.
551. Once I was standing on top of a hill near the house here and a big shadow fell across me and the ground. I looked up and there was this person paragliding above, not very far up, spiralling higher. It was so completely and literally out of the blue, it felt like magic.
553. Tell. They're comfy with your secret slobby nature and don't want you to look stupid in front of people who aren't.

598. The one they love. My favourite from primary school years (not at school though, worse luck) was a book borrowed from my uncle's World Book encyclopedia (? I think), Make and Do. It had all these projects in it, which I mostly couldn't tackle because we never had the right materials at home. I remember wishing I could make the submarine (out of cardboard boxes - which now seem to be everywhere, but weren't back then) with the periscope (out of a cardboard tube with mirrors set into it). This book should have been issued to all schools, along with all the necessary project materials, just to make me happy.