Friday, October 20, 2006

24hr mornings

Since April this year I've been getting up early every day to take photos of the sunrise. I'm not entirely sure how or why this started, but now it's a habit, a reason to get out of bed each day, and I have a pact with myself to keep it going for one year.

The thing is, I've always been useless in the mornings, and that hasn't changed. I can stand upright and point my head in the direction of sunrise, but more complex human functioning doesn't kick in till hours later. And the sun is coming up earlier and earlier every day now (about 5:10am this morning), meaning that I'm getting tired and falling asleep earlier and earlier every night, which in turn means this: I've always been useless in the mornings but now I'm useless in the nights as well!

Bloody hell, reader. Damn, etc.