Wednesday, October 11, 2006

An open letter to you, reader, about ideas I'm trying to form into a blog post

I've been reading the Open letters to people or entities who are unlikely to respond over at McSweeney's.

Some recent favourites:

- An open letter to my sister's psychotic dogs (02 October 2006)
- An open letter to the birds nesting in my air conditioner (22 June 2006)
- An open letter to the people behind the "Now that's what I call music!" series (18 April 2006)
- An open letter to a guy I work with who always comes into my office to tell me he sent me an e-mail right after he sends me an e-mail (15 August 2005)

Reading these letters brought up lots of ideas and questions about communication and conversation and the implied roles of writer and reader and I tried to write a blog post about it but no, fuck it, I can't. This is all there is to show for nearly two hours work. Oh, the joy.