Sunday, December 03, 2006

Blogger commenting

Bloody hell. I just did a random skip back through the Plodding archives and found a comment left on the Blogger system (thank you, Island) (UPDATE: and Greensmile), I know not when. Blogger commenting is not supposed to be on, and for most posts it isn't. If you click on "Comments", you're supposed to get a HaloScan form.

A random Blogger comment happened once before (and I also found a few spams too, damn them to hell) but I don't know why or what I did to the template to mangle it in such a way as to allow this. I hope it was just a temporary mess-up which later was corrected.

But the point is this: I don't get emails to say there are comments left on the Blogger system as happens with HaloScan, and I presume I can't enable this sort of notification unless Blogger commenting gets turned back on, which is not going to happen.

So - if you left a Blogger comment somewhere, and I haven't replied to it, it's because I don't know about it. And unless you come back and point to it with a new HaloScan comment, or unless I do a full archive expedition post by post, then your comment has been unread and unappreciated (at least by me) and that is a sad and stupid waste and I'm sorry.

UPDATE

Okay, I'm an idiot. I hadn't changed my blogger email address, so even if there were notifications, they were going astray. Not any more, but nevertheless: ... errr, whatever. I'm tired :)