Monday, May 08, 2006

You Will Not Defeat Me, Sir

Hmm. Well, last year I did a post about the way my brain just chatters on in endless conversation whenever it doesn't have something better to do. This morning I was feeling a bit tossed and turned by the requirements of living (eg. breathing in and out all the time: it gets so damn tiresome) and suddenly this came to mind: "You Will Not Defeat Me, Sir." And yes, it does require those capital letters - it was like a pronouncement, something Big.

I really like it because suddenly, out of the blue, it makes me feel strong and determined. It has real force, I tell you. Try saying it yourself: "You Will Not Defeat Me, Sir."

See? You're an instant hero now, aren't you? Fantastic!

And just a note for the squeamish: the "sir" here isn't a real man or men in general, he's the bogeyman, the fears and tremblings, all the things that stop me (or you, if you want to play along) from getting past difficulties. Or maybe he IS the difficulties. Whatever, he's a nasty piece of work and requires attention, but that's not to say he can't be left in our wake as we stride past to somewhere better. Yes.