Monday, November 21, 2005

NaNoWriMo: 2

I spent most of Sunday trying to sort this thing out, trying to find characters and a plot and all the rest of it. And I tried different techniques, too - freewriting, outlining, asking questions, working from random words, writing with the screen black (to stop myself editing all the time) - trying to observe myself as a scientist would, investigating which method works best. All in all, the key word was "trying". It was very.

I can't think in stories: I tried and I can't. I couldn't do it last time either. So I'm going to change tack. It's not actually NaNoWriMo-ish (stupidly, the National Novel Writing Month is supposed to be about writing novels) but I'm going to write a memoir instead, or bits of it. (And this has something to do with suggestions from Anan, so thank you Ms Genius!)

I haven't written much yet - "I was born. I'm still here." - but no problem. That's about all there is to say anyway. The rest will be just padding.

:)