Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Skimming the 5,000: 1,101 - 1,200

From The 5,000 Question Survey 2.0 part 23 and part 24:

1156. Did you ever meet a celebrity? Who?
1171. Who can you only handle in small doses?
1195. What is one luxury you refuse to live without?


1156. (Gossip please, reader. You'll go to hell for it, but I for one will appreciate your sacrifice.) While working in that vego café, I made a smoothie or a juice for a customer who seemed quite superhumanly beautiful. I found myself beaming at her like an idiot, almost against my will, as though she was an angel or something. According to the boys in the kitchen, it was Elle Macpherson. She was there on her own, seemed quiet and polite, and was not at all "star" like.
1171. The rest of humanity.

1195. Hot showers. Or, at a pinch, cold showers. Or if things are really desperate, enough water in a bucket. I can live with dirt and mud, but can't stand end-of-day sweat/grime/oiliness.

PS. It's remarkable how urgent blog posting has become now that I'm procrastinating my way through NaNoWriMo.

Word count = 3,735